Areas Of Practice
- Roland Stock, Partner, 1985-Present
- Mogel, Speidel & Roland, Partner, 1981-1985
- Balmer, Mogel, Speidel & Roland, Associate, 1976-1981
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, L.L.M., Labor Law
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, PA, J.D.
- Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, A.B.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Berks County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Reading Health System, past Member, Board of Directors
- The Highlands at Wyomissing, past Member, Board of Directors
- Evangelical School of Theology, Member, Board of Directors
- Chamber of Commerce Board, past Member and President and President of the Board of Directors
- Reading Berks Development, past Member
- Greater Berks Development, past Member
- First Presbyterian Church Session, past Member
John W. Roland is the managing partner with Roland Stock, LLC. Mr. Roland focuses on legal representation of business, not for profit organizations and individuals in the Berks County and adjacent areas. Matters in which he is involved include employment, education, real estate and transactional.
Mr. Roland has defended clients against claims of discrimination in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies. He has represented management in labor relations matters, including assisting in organizing campaigns, negotiating contracts and handling arbitrations. Mr. Roland has also provided counseling, representation and alternative dispute resolution services in relation to workplace regulatory compliance.
Mr. Roland has represented business and not-for-profit clients in various matters, including negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts, Title IX, FERPA, student and faculty matters, shareholder agreements and employment agreements. He has assisted clients in business acquisitions, real estate development and zoning.
A frequent speaker on labor and employment matters, Mr. Roland has presented to such groups as the Berks County Manufacturers Association, the Berks County Chamber of Commerce and the Society for Human Resource Management. He is an active member of the community, having served as Chairman of the Boards of Directors for the Berks County Chamber of Commerce, the Reading Berks Conferences of Churches and The Highlands at Wyomissing. Mr. Roland is a past member of The Reading Hospital and Medical Center Board of Directors and a member of the Advisory Committee of the Center for Mental Health. He has also served on the Boards of Directors of the Campaign Capital Review Board and the Greater Berks Development Fund. He is presently on the Board of the Evangelical Theological Seminary.
Mr. Roland earned his law degree from Villanova University School of Law, and received his undergraduate degree from Princeton University. Mr. Roland holds an L.L.M. in Labor Law from Temple University Beasley School of Law. He is a member of the Berks County and Pennsylvania Bar Associations. He is licensed to practice in the Eastern United States District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania, as well as before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He is a resident of Spring Township, PA